Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Working overnights.

Ok, working overnights has some advantages and disadvantages. All of which I have been learning about recently. One of the advantages is being able to attend almost any social event that I want to. Since I don't have to work in the daytime I am free to go anywhere I choose without worrying about work getting in the way. I am kept relatively busy attending House of  Faith and all functions that are connected. I always have fun and learn a lot there. One of the things I have learned is a downside to working overnights. Sleep.

That's right, sleep is very important. Weather you work day or night you need your sleep. It is sometimes hard to sleep and attend social functions simultaneously wherein lies my problem. I tend to put sleep on the back burner and hang out with friends in the daytime. It isn't so bad doing that for just one day but I found myself pushing my body to extremes. In a 53 hour span I only got 3 hours of sleep.. All I could think about at work was my bed. But it was my Friday so when I got off work, instead of going to bed, I hung out at a friends house all morning.... I know, I'm probably crazy... oh well.

In other news, I want rain. lots of it. And in a not completely unrelated paragraph thingy my artistic side wrote this.

~Where is the rain to bring forth life in this place? I can feel the drought surround me, I can feel it inside of me. I can see the clouds on the horizon, but always they move away. Long have I awaited the life bringing rain . Longer still I know I must wait. The anticipation of the approaching storm is wondrous but the feeling of watching the clouds turn away is crushing. Never before have I seen such a magnificent storm and never have I been so sad to see it turn away. To pour its rain elsewhere, on fields that are far away, fields that are not my own. It is sad to see the trees wither and the carefully planted seeds not bear their fruit. The very earth cracks from the heat. I pray, God, will you please send me a storm? Will you please send me rain?~

Kinda depressing huh? But I was kind of feeling down when I wrote it. I hope things improve soon because I  don't like feeling down. It is against my nature.

On to a more upbeat note. I am waiting for a really fun toy that I ordered to come in. It is a pair of powerisers which are big springy shoes that allow people to jump 6 feet in the air. They are going to be so much fun. I can hardly wait. :)

Well I think I need to take a nap before work so I had best wrap things up.

I hope that everyone finds the rain that they need. Until next time, Farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment